Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week Three

This week proved relatively unexciting in my aquarium. The entire aquarium was filled with algae and diatoms. Plant B showed continued growth, and this was the first time I saw colonial cyanobacteria occur in my tank. They were small green pellets that lived in clusters.

Cyclopes of all ages were prevalent throughout the water. Trachelophyllia also made their way around the aquarium, as well as rotifers. There was no sign of the amoeba, of the euglena, or of other unique organisms. I saw two deformed desmids next to each other, which I would have photographed were I using a microscope equipped with a camera. One had an abnormal shape, and the other appeared to have a problem with its chloroplast, because the green area appeared shriveled.

I cannot wait to see what I find in the last week of my experiment! Hopefully something truly exciting will come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment